KEGG MGENES is a collection of gene catalogs from large scale environmental sequencing studies. Sequence and annotation data were generated from publicly available resources with the use of recently developed GhostKOALA. MGENES links sequences, functions and environmental parameters based on the KEGG reference pathway database. MGENES also provides publicly available reference gene catalogs (e.g., OM-RGC, IGC) generated from metagenomes as well as complete genomes with the use of sequence clustering methods.
- Metagenomes: Annotated environmental gene catalog
- RefGene: Reference gene catalogs from OM-RGC and IGC
- BLAST: Blast search to MGENES and RefGene
- Download sequence data:
The annotated sequence data are accessible from the GenomeNet FTP server [README] [FTP] [HTTPS].
The GenomeNet and the KEGG teams are actively involvd in the integration of the sequence data and metadata generated
by the international-interdisciplinary
Tara Oceans Consortium.
The route of the Tara Oceans Expedition 2009-2013.
(c) N. Le Bescot / EPEP / SB Roscoff / CNRS
- Selected publications
- Pesant S. et al. Open science resources for the discovery and analysis of Tara Oceans data. Sci. Data, 2:150023 (2015). [PubMed]
- Sunagawa S. et al. Structure and function of the global ocean microbiome. Science, 348(6237):1261359 (2015). [PubMed]
- de Vargas C. et al. Eukaryotic plankton diversity in the sunlit ocean. Science, 348(6237):1261605 (2015). [PubMed]
- Lima-Mendez G., et al. Determinants of community structure in the global plankton interactome. Science, 348(6237):1262073 (2015). [PubMed]
- Villar E. et al. Environmental characteristics of Agulhas rings affect inter-ocean plankton transport. Science, 348(6237):1261447 (2015). [PubMed]
- Brum J.R. et al. Patterns and ecological drivers of ocean viral communities. Science, 348(6237):1261498 (2015). [PubMed]
- Hingamp P. et al. Exploring nucleo-cytoplasmic large DNA viruses in Tara Oceans microbial metagenomes. ISME J., 7(9):1678-1695 (2013). [PubMed]
- Karsenti E. et al. A holistic approach to marine ecosystems biology. PLoS Biol., 9, e1001177 (2011). [PubMed]
Science Vol. 348,
No. 6237, 22 May 2015.
Reprinted with permission from AAAS.
Other major projects included in MGENES