KEGG   ENZYME: 1.13.12.9Help
Entry
EC 1.13.12.9                Enzyme                                 

Name
phenylalanine 2-monooxygenase;
L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating);
phenylalanine (deaminating, decarboxylating)oxidase
Class
Oxidoreductases;
Acting on single donors with incorporation of molecular oxygen (oxygenases);
With incorporation of one atom of oxygen (internal monooxygenases or internal mixed-function oxidases)
BRITE hierarchy
Sysname
L-phenylalanine:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase (decarboxylating)
Reaction(IUBMB)
L-phenylalanine + O2 = 2-phenylacetamide + CO2 + H2O [RN:R00690]
Reaction(KEGG)
Substrate
L-phenylalanine [CPD:C00079];
O2 [CPD:C00007]
Product
2-phenylacetamide [CPD:C02505];
CO2 [CPD:C00011];
H2O [CPD:C00001]
Comment
The reaction shown above is about 80% of the reaction catalysed; the remaining 20% is: L-phenylalanine + O2 + H2O = 3-phenylpyruvic acid + ammonia + H2O2 a reaction similar to that of EC 1.4.3.2, L-amino-acid oxidase.
History
EC 1.13.12.9 created 1986, modified 2003
Pathway
Phenylalanine metabolism
Reference
1  [PMID:7174643]
  Authors
Koyama H.
  Title
Purification and characterization of a novel L-phenylalanine oxidase (Deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501.
  Journal
J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 92 (1982) 1235-40.
  Organism
Pseudomonas sp.
  Sequence
[up:Q5W9R9]
Reference
2  [PMID:6501250]
  Authors
Koyama H.
  Title
Oxidation and oxygenation of L-amino acids catalyzed by a L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501.
  Journal
J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 96 (1984) 421-7.
  Organism
Pseudomonas sp.
  Sequence
[up:Q5W9R9]
Reference
3  [PMID:6692570]
  Authors
Koyama H.
  Title
A simple and rapid enzymatic determination of L-phenylalanine with a novel L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating) from Pseudomonas sp. P-501.
  Journal
Clin. Chim. Acta. 136 (1984) 131-6.
  Organism
Pseudomonas sp.
Reference
4  [PMID:3818566]
  Authors
Koyama H, Suzuki H.
  Title
Spectral and kinetic studies on Pseudomonas L-phenylalanine oxidase (deaminating and decarboxylating).
  Journal
J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 100 (1986) 859-66.
  Organism
Pseudomonas sp.
  Sequence
[up:Q5W9R9]
Other DBs
ExplorEnz - The Enzyme Database: 
IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature: 
ExPASy - ENZYME nomenclature database: 
BRENDA, the Enzyme Database: 
CAS: 
190396-37-3

DBGET integrated database retrieval system